View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mhttOffline
15 Post subject: (solved) Text selection solid black in some apps  PostPosted: 19.11.2012, 23:57

Hello,

I'm running an up-to-date version of Aptosid with XFCE and am having issues in some apps with text selection. The selection is solid black (so I can't see the text i've selected). I first noticed it in Abiword and thought it was just a problem with Abiword itself, but now i can see it also happens in Evince, and I also tried ePDFview with the same solid black outcome which makes me think that it might be a GTK problem or something, but i really have no clue. Text selection works fine in mousepad for example, or my browser (opera/iceweasel)

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Reply with quote Back to top
slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Text selection solid black in some apps  PostPosted: 20.11.2012, 00:15

I'd suggest to experiment with the colour schemes/ themes for gtk/ XFCE, maybe that's conflicting for you.

mhttOffline
Post subject: RE: Text selection solid black in some apps  PostPosted: 20.11.2012, 23:25

Ok, so i figured it out. Just installing a theme that supports gtk3 and then choosing it through settings -> appearance fixed the problem. for some reason none of the themes i had had any gtk3 configuration in them..

Jump to: