View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Luis_POffline
Post subject: RE: Again  PostPosted: 03.12.2012, 21:51

Iceweasel in -safe-mode behaves also bad.
what must I search for in .xsession-errors and /var/log/ files?

Reply with quote Back to top
slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Again  PostPosted: 03.12.2012, 22:12

I'd suggest to clear it first (given that your problems appears to be easily reproducable for you ":> ~/xsession-errors") and then watch it for irregularities when you try to reproduce your problem (there will be unrelated noise, as many KDE applications are a bit too verbose, but you might also stumble over a smoking gun).

Luis_POffline
Post subject: Culprit found  PostPosted: 21.12.2012, 11:10

From more than two months I've been standing a big problem with my Internet connection. As said, I was not able to connect to a web page which needed identification. I had found that it was related with the kernel: kernel 3.6 and following did not work well and 3.5 and anterior ran fine.

Now I have the explanation: my domestic LAN was based on an old 3Com router. This aged machine died away and with the new one the serious (for me) problem has been solved. I say it here for the sake of experience.

Thanks to everybody who tried to aid me.

Luis_P.

Jump to: